Nutritional Support for the Management of Conditions Associated with Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease
UltraMeal® Plus 360° is a medical food formulated to provide specialized, multi-mechanistic nutritional support for patients with metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease by supplying a combination of acacia extract, reduced iso-alpha acids (RIAA), plant sterols, and heart-healthy soy protein and isoflavones.
In individuals with metabolic syndrome and high cholesterol, the ingredients in UltraMeal Plus 360° along with a diet and exercise have been clinically shown in a preliminary study** to:
- Lower the apolipoprotein B-to-apolipoprotein A1 (apoB/apoA1) ratio
- Reduce total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglyceride levels
- Increase HDL cholesterol ("good" cholesterol) levels
Recommendations: Blend (no longer than 15 seconds), shake, or briskly stir 2 level scoops (51 grams) of UltraMeal Plus 360° into 8 fluid ounces of chilled water once or twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Consume within 10 minutes of reconstitution.
Form: 25.5 oz. (714 g) Powder Container (Natural Vanilla) (14 servings)
26 oz. (728 g) Powder Container (Dutch Chocolate) (14 servings)
Serving Size: 2 scoops (51 g)Each serving of UltraMeal Plus 360° provides:
- PharmaSoy®—a technologically advanced nutritional blend of superior soy protein, isoflavones, and dairy-free calcium.
- 2 g of plant sterols per serving. The NIH recommends consumption of 2 grams of plant sterols to promote healthy cholesterol levels. Foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Selective kinase response modulators (SKRMs) in the form of RIAA and acacia extract, which have been clinically shown to improve fasting insulin and triglyceride levels.
- 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF)—a body-ready, nature-identical folate—to promote healthy homocysteine levels for cardiovascular health.
- Low-glycemic-index formula to help support healthy insulin function and blood sugar levels.
- High-quality foundation nutrition for patients with cardiovascular disease.
- Available in natural and delicious, dairy-free Natural Vanilla and Natural Dutch Chocolate
|NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING (NATURAL VANILLA):|
|Sodium (as sodium chloride)||290 mg|
|Potassium (as potassium chloride and potassium iodide)||500 mg|
|Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate)||1,750 IU|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||60 mg|
|Calcium (as dicalcium phosphate)||600 mg|
|Iron (as ferrous fumarate)||3 mg|
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)||40 IU|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate)||11 IU|
|Thiamin (as thiamin HCl)||0.75 mg|
|Niacin (as niacinamide)||10 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)||25 mg|
|Folate (as folic acid and L-5-methyl tetrahydrofolate††)||400 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)||30 mcg|
|Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate)||5 mg|
|Phosphorus (as dicalcium phosphate)||500 mg|
|Iodine (as potassium iodide)||75 mcg|
|Magnesium (as magnesium citrate)||150 mg|
|Zinc (as zinc gluconate)||9 mg|
|Copper (as copper gluconate)||1 mg|
|Manganese (as manganese gluconate)||0.3 mg|
|Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate)||100 mcg|
|Plant Sterols (including beta-sitosterol and other plant sterols)||2,000 mg|
|Other Ingredients (Natural Vanilla): Soy protein isolate† (PharmaSoy®), fructose, soy fiber (soy), plant sterols (soy), inulin, natural flavors, olive oil, silica, proprietary blend* of RIAA and acacia [magnesium salts of reduced iso-alpha acids (from hops extract, Humulus lupulus L.), hydrogenated soybean oil encapsulate, and acacia extract], lecithin (soy), cellulose gum, xanthan, and carrageenan. Contains: soy.|
Notice: This product is to be used under the direct supervision of a physician or other licensed healthcare practitioner. Do not engage in a diet less than 800 calories per day without medical supervision.
† Non-genetically engineered, identity-preserved soy protein.
†† As Metafolin® U.S. Patent Nos. 5,997,915; 6,254,904.
††† Saturated fat is contributed by olive oil which has recognized health benefits.
* Patent pending.
** Study conducted at the FMRC, the clinical research arm of Metagenics.